In attempt to foster social connections and offer space for engagement and reflection during these uncertain times for our global community, we are offering virtual versions of traditional narrative medicine group work, live via Zoom.
REGISTRATION PROCESS: Register using the links below. You will receive confirmation at the time of your registration with the information and link to join. Please be sure to save this information for access at the time of the meeting. You will be able to register up to 15 minutes before the start of the session, after which registrations may not be approved for security reasons. Please join sessions promptly by the start time, as we will be locking each session after a 5-minute grace period to make the space as secure as possible. We are using a tool called Zoom for Healthcare, which is a HIPAA, PIPEDA & PHIPA compliant video conferencing software with secure, real-time encrypted messaging.
Also, to be sure you are able to participate fully and with ease, it is helpful to ensure you have the latest version of Zoom installed, which you can access here: https://zoom.us/download
Columbia University makes every effort to accommodate individuals with disabilities. If you require disability accommodations for a session, please contact please contact the Office of Disability Services at 212-854-2388 or firstname.lastname@example.org at least 10 days in advance of the event. We will do our best to arrange accommodations received after this deadline but cannot guarantee them.
The next live virtual sessions are scheduled for the following times (with more to be added, so check back for updates). All are welcome to any of the language sessions. **Please be sure to confirm your current time difference when joining the next sessions! Check this time zone converter to confirm any time differences**
Follow the links to register for sessions in English
- Friday May 19th, 2023 at 12pm EDT: Register Here **Please note this will be our last Virtual Group Session until June, as our Division staff will be traveling for an event, and we will be taking time off to observe Memorial Day.**
- Friday June 2nd, 2023 at 12pm EDT: Register Here
- **Please note we will be taking off the week of June 5th in preparation for our alumnx reunion.**
- Monday June 12th, 2023 at 6pm EDT: Register Here
- Friday June 16th, 2023 at 12pm EDT: Register Here
- Friday June 23rd, 2023 at 12pm EDT: Register Here
- Monday June 26th, 2023 at 6pm EDT: Register Here
Greek Language Sessions/Συνεδρίες Ελληνικής Γλώσσας:
κάντε κλικ εδώ για περισσότερες πληροφορίες
- Κυριακή 2 Απριλίου στις 7:30 μ.μ. (ώρα Ελλάδας)/12:30 μ.μ. EDT: Εγγραφείτε εδώ
- Κυριακή 30 Απριλίου στις 7:30 μ.μ. (ώρα Ελλάδας)/12:30 μ.μ. EDT: Εγγραφείτε εδώ
Spanish Language Sessions/Encuentros de Medicina Narrativa en español:
Haga clic aquí para más información
- sábado 20 de mayo 13:00 EDT (New York City): inscríbete aqui
- sábado 17 de junio 13:00 EDT (New York City): inscríbete aqui
Italian Language Sessions/Laboratori di Medicina Narrativa in Italiano
Cliccare qui per più informazione
- sabato 5 novembre 16.00-17.30 ora italiana (10-11:30am EST): Cliccare qui per iscriversi!
Polish Language Sessions/Wirtualne Sesje Narracyjne w języku polskim
Kliknij tutaj po więcej informacji
- 4 listopada (czwartek) 19:00–20:30 CET (13:00–14:30 EST): Zarejestruj się tutaj!
- 25 listopada (czwartek) 19:00–20:30 CET (13:00–14:30 EST): Zarejestruj się tutaj!
- 9 grudnia (czwartek) 19:00–20:30 CET (13:00–14:30 EST): Zarejestruj się tutaj!
- 20 stycznia (czwartek) 19:00–20:30 CET (13:00–14:30 EST): Zarejestruj się tutaj!
As always, each session will be led by trained narrative medicine facilitators and will offer group connection and reflection through a text, image, or music for up to 100 participants. Groups will read and examine the work closely and discuss what we see, with the facilitators offering guidance and background. There will be opportunities for reflective writing and sharing what is written. We continue to hope these hour-long sessions might offer a moment of solace and space, along with an opportunity for reflection and connection with others.
We also encourage you to check back here following sessions, as we will post a follow-up to each live session with the materials and prompts used, and you will have the opportunity to post your writing and respond to others there.
We would love to learn more about your experience of these sessions, so if you’re able, please take the time to fill out a follow-up survey of two quick questions!
If you have questions, or would like to schedule a personalized narrative medicine session for your organization or team, email us at email@example.com.
Be sure to follow our social media pages for updates as well, and check back here frequently for updates!
See posts from previous sessions below: