In attempt to foster social connections and offer space for engagement and reflection during these uncertain times, we are offering virtual versions of traditional narrative medicine group work, live via Zoom.
REGISTRATION PROCESS: Register using the links below. You will receive confirmation at the time of your registration with the information and link to join. Please be sure to save this information for access at the time of the meeting. You will be able to register up to 15 minutes before the start of the session, after which registrations may not be approved for security reasons. Please join sessions promptly by the start time, as we will be locking each session after a 5-minute grace period to make the space as secure as possible. We are using a tool called Zoom for Healthcare, which is a HIPAA, PIPEDA & PHIPA compliant video conferencing software with secure, real-time encrypted messaging.
Also, to be sure you are able to participate fully and with ease, it is helpful to ensure you have the latest version of Zoom installed, which you can access here: https://zoom.us/download
The next live virtual sessions are scheduled for the following times (with more to be added, so check back for updates). All are welcome to any of the language sessions. **Please note: The United States moves clocks one hour forward to start Daylight Savings Time on March 13th, so all times for English Sessions after that date are in EDT (Eastern Daylight Time). Please be sure to confirm your current time difference when joining the next sessions! Check this time zone converter to confirm any time differences**
Follow the links to register for sessions in English:
**We will be offering a more limited number of virtual group sessions for the month of August, to give our facilitators and community time to enjoy the last weeks of summer and prepare for fall academic terms. Please be sure to note our schedule below when planning attendance.**
- Friday August 5th, 2022 at 12pm EDT: Register Here
- Monday August 8th, 2022 at 6pm EDT: Register Here
- Monday August 15th, 2022 at 6pm EDT: Register Here
- Wednesday August 17th, 2022 at 12pm EDT: Register Here
- Monday August 22nd, 2022 at 6pm EDT: Register Here
- Friday August 26th, 2022 at 12pm EDT: Register Here
Greek Language Sessions/Συνεδρίες Ελληνικής Γλώσσας:
κάντε κλικ εδώ για περισσότερες πληροφορίες
- **Θα θέλαμε να σας ενημερώσουμε ότι οι ζωντανές διαδικτυακές συνεδρίες Αφηγηματικής Ιατρικής στα Ελληνικά θα σταματήσουν για το διάστημα των θερινών διακοπών. Θα λάβετε έγκαιρη ενημέρωση για την επόμενη προγραμματισμένη συνεδρία μας τον Σεπτέμβρη.**
Spanish Language Sessions/Encuentros de Medicina Narrativa en español:
Haga clic aquí para más información
- sábado 3 de septiembre, 13:00 EDT (New York City): inscríbete aqui
Italian Language Sessions/Laboratori di Medicina Narrativa in Italiano
Cliccare qui per più informazione
- sabato 4 giugno 16.00-17.30 ora italiana (10-11:30am EST): Cliccare qui per iscriversi!
Polish Language Sessions/Wirtualne Sesje Narracyjne w języku polskim
Kliknij tutaj po więcej informacji
- 4 listopada (czwartek) 19:00–20:30 CET (13:00–14:30 EST): Zarejestruj się tutaj!
- 25 listopada (czwartek) 19:00–20:30 CET (13:00–14:30 EST): Zarejestruj się tutaj!
- 9 grudnia (czwartek) 19:00–20:30 CET (13:00–14:30 EST): Zarejestruj się tutaj!
- 20 stycznia (czwartek) 19:00–20:30 CET (13:00–14:30 EST): Zarejestruj się tutaj!
As always, each session will be led by trained narrative medicine facilitators and will offer group connection and reflection through a text, image, or music for up to 100 participants. Groups will read and examine the work closely and discuss what we see, with the facilitators offering guidance and background. There will be opportunities for reflective writing and sharing what is written. We continue to hope these hour-long sessions might offer a moment of solace and space, along with an opportunity for reflection and connection with others.
We also encourage you to check back here following sessions, as we will post a follow-up to each live session with the materials and prompts used, and you will have the opportunity to post your writing and respond to others there.
We would love to learn more about your experience of these sessions, so if you’re able, please take the time to fill out a follow-up survey of two quick questions!
If you have questions, or would like to schedule a personalized narrative medicine session for your organization or team, email us at email@example.com.
Be sure to follow our social media pages for updates as well, and check back here frequently for updates!
See posts from previous sessions below: