In attempt to foster social connections and offer space for engagement and reflection during these uncertain times, we are offering virtual versions of traditional narrative medicine group work, live via Zoom.
REGISTRATION PROCESS: Register using the links below. You will receive confirmation at the time of your registration with the information and link to join. Please be sure to save this information for access at the time of the meeting. You will be able to register up to 15 minutes before the start of the session, after which registrations may not be approved for security reasons. Please join sessions promptly by the start time, as we will be locking each session after a 5-minute grace period to make the space as secure as possible. We are using a tool called Zoom for Healthcare, rolled out recently at Columbia University Irving Medical Center. Zoom for Healthcare is a HIPAA, PIPEDA & PHIPA compliant video conferencing software with secure, real-time encrypted messaging.
The next live virtual sessions are scheduled for the following times (with more to be added, so check back for updates). All are welcome to any of the language sessions.
Follow the links to register for sessions in English:
- Wednesday September 30th, 12pm EDT: Register Here
- Monday October 5th, 6pm EDT: Register Here
- Wednesday October 7th, 12pm EDT: Register Here
- Monday October 12th, 6pm EDT: Register Here
- Wednesday October 14th, 12pm EDT: Register Here
Greek Language Sessions/Συνεδρίες Ελληνικής Γλώσσας:
κάντε κλικ εδώ για περισσότερες πληροφορίες
- Πέμπτη 24 Σεπτεμβρίου, 7:30 pm EEST: Εγγραφείτε εδώ
Polish Language Sessions/Sesje w języku polskim – All are welcome!
Kliknij tutaj po więcej informacji
- Polish language sessions will resume in October, after summer break! / Polskie wirtualne grupy narracyjne wracają po przerwie wakacyjnej już w październiku!
Italian Language Sessions/Laboratori di Medicina Narrativa in Italiano
Cliccare qui per più informazione
Da settembre in poi, i laboratori avranno luogo il primo sabato del mese:
- sabato 3 ottobre dalle 16 alle 17.30 (10-11:30am EST): Cliccare qui per registrarsi
- sabato 7 novembre dalle 16 alle 17.30 (10-11:30am EST): Cliccare qui per registrarsi
- sabato 5 dicembre dalle 16 alle 17.30 (10-11:30am EST): Cliccare qui per registrarsi
Spanish Language Sessions/Encuentros de Medicina Narrativa en español:
Haga clic aquí para más información
- martes 13 octubre, 16:30 EST: inscríbete aqui
As always, each session will be led by trained narrative medicine facilitators and will offer group connection and reflection through a text, image, or music for up to 100 participants. Groups will read and examine the work closely and discuss what we see, with the facilitators offering guidance and background. There will be opportunities for reflective writing and sharing what is written. We continue to hope these hour-long sessions might offer a moment of solace and space, along with an opportunity for reflection and connection with others.
We also encourage you to check back here following sessions, as we will post a follow-up to each live session with the materials and prompts used, and you will have the opportunity to post your writing and respond to others there.
We would love to learn more about your experience of these sessions, so if you’re able, please take the time to fill out a follow-up survey of two quick questions!
If you have questions, or would like to schedule a personalized narrative medicine session for your organization or team, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Be sure to follow our social media pages for updates as well, and check back here frequently for updates!
See posts from previous sessions below: